Among other things, simulation in healthcare makes use of high-fidelity mannequins, simulators, surgical robots, virtual reality, standardised patients and serious games.
It enables health professionals to reproduce care situations and environments, teach diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and simulate decision-making.
Which makes it an interprofessional, multidisciplinary continuous training centre of excellence in healthcare simulation, recognised by all health professionals who wish to enhance their skills.
Calling themselves into question and participating in advanced training programmes prepare learners to carry out their procedures better in order to ensure greater safety of patients.
Hospital doctors, private practitioners, nurses, physiotherapists, radiographers, pharmacists, etc.
Be guided by our commitment to excellence, innovation and our professional values: work, reappraisal, altruism and good treatment.
Putting simulation-based training at the service of patients’ safety.
The health professional will no longer just be a lifelong health professional. And the student will no longer be the health professional of yesteryear… Both will have to be lifelong learners.
Simulation-based training in healthcare is a requirement.
Trainer in robotic surgery,
Doctor of the University of Lorraine
• Medical studies and internship in Nancy.
• Hospital Practitioner in Paediatric Surgery, practicing abdominal, urological, thoracic and gynaecological surgery on preterm infants, children and adolescents. Practice of mini-invasive surgery (coelioscopy and thoracoscopy) and robot-assisted surgery.
• Holder of Inter-University Degrees in Robotic Surgery and Medical Education and Simulation.
• Member of the French Society of Paediatric Surgery (SFCP) and its Scientific Committee. Member of the Francophone Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Urology (SFUPA).
• Trainer at the School of Surgery and Lorraine Virtual Hospital (HVL) since 2013, specialising in robotic surgery. Supervision of practical sessions for Inter-University Degrees (DIUs) in robotic surgery, and robotic gastrointestinal surgery.
Paediatrician and Endocrinologist
Senior Lecturer and Hospital Practitioner (MCU-PH) in the Endocrinology, Diabetology and Nutrition Department, Nancy Regional University Hospital Centre (CHRU)
• Membre du Conseil Scientifique de la Délégation à la Recherche Clinique et à l'Innovation, CHRU de Nancy
• Membre du Groupe Expert Médico-Économique, Commission Médicale de l’Établissement, CHRU de Nancy
• Participation in the Inter-University Diploma (DIU) in Medical Pedagogy
• Member of the Francophone Society of Simulation in Healthcare’s (SoFraSimS) Educational Committee
• Member of the Docimology Commission
Personal training in pedagogy:
• Inter-University Diploma (DIU) in Pedagogy and Simulation
• DIU in Medical Pedagogy
Doctorate in Medicine, Nancy Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine
• Diploma of Specialised Studies (DES) in Pneumology-Addictology, Nancy CHRU • Diploma of Specialised Studies in Medical Resuscitation
• Inter-University Diploma (DIU) in Pulmonary Vascular Diseases
• Master’s 1 in Biosciences and Health Engineering
• Master’s 2 in Biology, Physiology and Pharmacology of Respiration
• Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Pneumology Department, Nancy CHRU
• Competence Centre for Severe Pulmonary Hypertension
• Intensive Medicine and Resuscitation, Nancy CHRU
Clinical and fundamental research interests:
• Chronic pulmonary vascular diseases
• Respiratory impairment due to chronic inflammatory diseases of the intestine
• Respiratory physiology: cough reflex among asthmatics
• COVID-19: respiratory sequelae
Physician - Nurse - Physiotherapist interdisciplinarity in Pneumology
• Treatment of a case of acute hypercapnic respiratory failure
• Treatment of a tracheotomised patient
• University Diploma (DU) in Pedagogy and Medical Simulation (enrolment in September 2021)
• Registered Nurse/Teacher at CESU 54 (Emergency Care Training Centre) and in medical resuscitation at Nancy CHRU
• Trainer in emergency first aid
• Trainer of trainers in emergency first aid
• Participant in the training of trainers in simulation and in the DIU in Simulation
Interests: communication in healthcare, teamwork, clinical reasoning
• DIU in Pedagogy and Simulation in Healthcare – University of Nancy
• Master’s 2 in Pedagogy in Health Sciences – University of Strasbourg (Research theme/subject: communication in healthcare)
Member of Nancy CHRU’s Operational team in exceptional health situations
Member of Nancy CHRU’s Users Committee
Member of the “Être Médecin” Teaching Group on medical students’ communication skills
Member of the group of actors participating in OSCE Stations for medical students
as it ensures patient safety, acquisition of automatisms and acquisition of skills all at the same time. Simulation trains health professionals who are more confident because they’re more sure of their skills; it enables them to acquire greater mastery of procedures by measuring themselves against numerous case studies.
Hence, health professionals can focus more on their patients, listen to them, and provide them with highly personalised treatment.
Management of crisis situations, identification of blocking situations, team functioning (communication, leadership, etc.), assessment of materials made available, handling new equipment, etc.
Learning in an environment that reproduces levels of urgency, complications and even the uncertainty connected with real medical treatments as exactly as possible, but without resulting in irreparable consequences.
“The only limit to situations and case studies that can be simulated is our own creativity”.
Located on Nancy-Brabois’ Health Campus, Lorraine Virtual Hospital makes over 3,000 m² of fully equipped surface area available for simulation in healthcare.
• Simulation & Medicine and Healthcare (CUEsim)
• Simulation & Emergency First Aid (CESU)
• Simulation & Surgery (School of Surgery)
• Simulation & Health and Sport Measures (STAPS)
• Simulation & Dental Care (Odontology)
• Simulation & Internal Pharmacy (Pharmacy)
President of the University of Lorraine
Director General of Nancy CHRU
Director General of Lorraine Institute of Cancerology
Administrator, Lorraine Virtual Hospital
Advisor to Lorraine Virtual Hospital’s Administrator